Here are some quick tips to keep in mind as you start your weekend!
- Condiments matter. Try to cut out the mayo, butter, ranch, and calorie-filled salad dressings. Opt for mustard, hummus, olive oil, or one of the reduced fat dressings
- Portion control! You can eat nearly anything as long as you use moderation. A few scoops of ice cream a day won’t cause a serious weight gain…a few pints, however…
- Bake rather than fry. Fried foods have so much more fat and calories.
- Up your intake of fish! Fish are a great source of protein and omega-3’s, with low fat.
- Eliminate pre-packaged foods as much as you can. Fresh fruit and veggies are a much better snack than chips or cookies.
- Spicy seasonings can help speed up metabolism! Keep that in mind when cooking.
- Drink a glass of water before eating. It fills you up and keeps you from overeating, as well as improves hydration.
- Aim for 75% of your plate to be fruits and veggies. Remember my blog about fruits and veggie portions.
- Don’t deprive yourself – allow yourself to indulge on a few things that you really love. It makes it easier to be healthy the rest of the time.
10. Negative calorie foods! Here is a list of foods that actually take more calories to digest than they contain, which means you burn calories by eating them. Gotta love that!
Hope these tips come in handy as you start your weekend! Don’t forget about the 30 day challenges and 30 Day Shred! Hope you are enjoying the work outs and seeing some progress!
Do you have any additional quick tips that you live by? Let me know in the comments section below!